Finishing up my January Garden Party Down Under a week before February's instructions came out gave me an opportunity to work on two other project hanging around the sewing room needing attention.I managed to get several more blossoms on my Polka Dot project. I must admit these are wacky fabric choices for sure. However, it is so fun. No pattern, I just stumbled across a picture on the internet and went for it. The vase originally was to be a tea pot but the handle and spout I cut out were a light dot yellow and the black dots on the lower right background showed through the yellow fabric so I scraped them and just made it a vase. Still have three more blossoms to add, coming up with some crazy prints combinations still needed.Camden Station blocks 4 and 5 are finished. Almost half way there as I have a start on the 6th one now. That last fifth block ended up for some reason being a real chore. I got the vase down before getting the right and left vines tucked into it. I finally got that all appliquéd down but it really threw me into a bit of head scratching. One has to really think these things out when what goes down first and what goes down next. This particular block had lots of over and under lays.
My daughter sent me this old picture a week or so ago. An old picture taken in January of some years ago when we were celebrating birthdays at our home. Made me laugh. The white poodle was ours, Sophie passed away in May of 2019 at the the ripe old age of 17. The other three each belong to two daughters and our granddaughter and still manage hanging around hoping for January birthday treats. You never know when the chef might slip up and drop a slice or two of that nice piece of beef their way.