I began this past week working on my Camden Station appliqué kit. Frankly the size of these blocks and the amount of appliqué required had me thinking I should seek Psychiatric help. It turns out it is not as difficult as I thought it would be.
The blocks will finish at 6 inches. So lots of stuff in a small space. I am happy with this first block, except for the thread color on the bottom part of the blue flower. The thread is too light for that color, I should have used a medium grey instead. I did consider taking the stitching out and redoing it, but thus far I am leaving it in and hoping to get over it. I also decided not to blanket stitch the bias stems, I tried one and took out the stitches it just did not look good. I have just glued them down with Roxanne Glue Baste. This finished wall hanging will be 18 by 24 and the stems are short, it will never be washed so I think that will work well.I have been working with an 8 by 12 light box. I am finding that it just is not large enough or bright enough to show pattern placements through some fabrics. When I was working on my Flower Garden quilt it was a major issue. While Camden Station blocks are small, I realized that the 2022 BOM has a good deal of appliqué and it was going to be an issue. So, I ordered this new toy for myself.I love this new light box. Plus the plastic overlay is really helpful keeping things all lined up and there is even a circular overlay too. The LED lighting is really strong, so shows through the fabric backgrounds that I have stabilized with Pellon 911FF a non woven fusible stabilizer.
Yes, the kitchen was still a mess. No signs of the countertops arriving as promised. But husband did decided that the Christmas season without Pizzelles dipped in dark chocolate was not acceptable.