This week I was determined to finish the Rose quilt. Normally I do not try to manage quilting my own projects. I have occasionally quilted small pieces but try to keep them between 36 to 45 inches in width or length. But, I decided on the Rose quilt to give it a go and see how things went. It is 45 by 58 a bit larger than I usually try to manage. I knew I was getting into uncharted territory.Nothing fancy, just a serpentine stitch with a 50wt variegated thread.In the beginning I though that I might have completely lost my mind in thinking I could quilt it. But, it is not a difficult as I thought it might be. I didn't spray baste it either. I have just been pressing a row smoothly, pinning it down, quilting it and repeating again on the next row down. I will go back and quilt on the red roses and the leaves, as I have not stitched through them with the serpentine quilting.
Still a ways to go as I am only down to the middle now. Then I will have veins to quilt into the leaves and some stitching around the blooms.
Zoey immediately decided it absolutely perfect, always nice to have a positive critic.
I have also been working on The Flower Garden. I have modified the size of the pattern so these six block have me half way done. There will be a lattice between the blocks of 1 inch and the borders are 10 inches wide on all 4 sides. It should measure out to about 65 by 70 complete. I am really happy with the results so far.