Monday, May 10, 2021

SPINNING SPOOLS & ZOEY

 I have been watching Alex Anderson on her weekly shows since the beginning of Covid.  She has offered some fun quilt along projects.  I took part in the first one, but have just enjoyed watching her with the last 2 or 3 since early 2020.  This last week she started a new project called Spinning Spools.  At first I didn't think I would bother to get involved with this one, but after a while though that it would be fun.  I am using my own fabric.  Alex was making available a fabric pack on The Quilt Show shopping store, but I have way too much fabric to be buying more until I use up some of what I do have.  I have the first 5 blocks out of 20 done.  They are sewn onto a fusible interfacing using the flip and sew method.  Lots of fun doing this scrappy new project.    

As many of you know our little Yorkie Ginger passed away a couple weeks ago.  My husband was pretty upset, Ginger was his pal and we both loved her very much.  Well our house is just not a home without a dog it appears.  Our daughter was able to find a breeder of Yorkshire Terriers just a couple hours from our home.  She just had a litter of 5 ready to go to their new homes.  She was able to show us the 2 little females and my husband immediately fell in love with this little girl.  He has named her Zoey, she is just 2 months old. A smart little girl, easily trained to a potty pad and crate trained.  We have had her to our vet just this week and she is in tip top shape. 

21 comments:

  1. Zoey is adorable! I can see why you would be bringing her home. Those new blocks look like fun too! I haven't watched that show - what network you find it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Zoey--to all your Mom's blog readers--
    we will be waiting to see lots of photos of you and your adventures in your new forever home!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new furbaby, Donnalee! The new dog never replaces the old dog in your heart, but there's nothing like puppy kisses to lick away the tears and raise your spirits again. Where do you watch Alex Anderson TV shows? Is it an online subscription service thing? I love those blocks you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Zoey is just so adorable--looks like a little cuddley bundle of fun...
    Nice start to your new project...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to seeing this quilt progress. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoe his a cutie pie! My DH would love a dog! I’m reluctant! I’m going to have to look up Alex’s spinning Spools! Oh oh! That reminds me ! I have a spool quilt in the UFO closet! Probably I should finish that one first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I like the blocks, just curious why they're done on fusible? That little pup is the cutest! What a face!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoey is adorable and I know you will all be happy together. That made me smile.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Scritches to Zoey. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quit blocks but your newest fur baby Zoey is totally precious!|

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe I love Zoey, she is so cute. She will make a good quilt companion. Lovely blocks too. Thank you for sharing on Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I like your Spinning Spools blocks..so colorful. Zoey
    is adorable. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Zoey, you have found a wonderful new home! Full of love and quilting. Just dont be in too much of a hurry to check out those pesky peacocks, leave well alone, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Zoey. She is so cute, Donnalee!!!
    I Bet you had a lot of fun sewing those Spinning Spools. You made me remember I have to join my Spools from RSC 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! And of course on your spinning spools blocks. Your fabric scraps are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your new project!
    glad Richard fell in love, cute little dog!
    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zoey is so adorable!! and those spinning spools will be so cool! Thanks for linking up to Finshed ( or not) Friday !! so good to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome home, Zoey! Enjoy your new quilt project, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been watching Alex too, although I take breaks when I feel like there's a little too much selling. Haven't done any of the projects. Looking forward to seeing yours come together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good to know you have a new companion! She is just too cute for words :)

    Thanks for being part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your scrappy new blocks are wonderful. Zoey looks pretty lovely too ;))
    Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those spinning spools are going to be so cute! Love Zoey! She's adorable. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete