I have been on hold for a bit waiting for fabric to arrive for a couple of my current projects. My daughter asked for a quilt out of the stash I keep of finished baby quilts for her husband's sister expecting in October. She selected one that reminded me I had left over fabric and panel blocks from that original quilt, so I decided to pull those out and make a replacement.
I did discover all I had were these very small animal blocks. Well it is use what you have.
So I framed them out and was able to get them to a 6 inch finished size. After digging around I did find four larger animal prints and framed them into 9 inch blocks finished.
Then decided to do some simple serpentine quilting on it.
I found this cute print for the back. The grey, black, and white are a perfect match for it.
Just finished putting it all together. I made a scrappy binding of the black and grey prints to finish it off.
My daughter's ducks have outgrown they children's plastic swimming pool. This past weekend she upgraded them to a much bigger solution. The hope is that it will keep them in their nice new large pen constructed earlier in the week. She said they were becoming much too interested in their swimming pool. Finding 14 ducks floating around in their pool didn't exactly please anyone. Especially the teenagers in the home, as it is their job to clean the pool.