I took a week or so off from my Wisteria Lane project, waiting for some pink Batiks I ordered to arrive. I purchased a new sideboard from our kitchen and my granddaughter asked if she could have the old antique one. No problem, but I knew I should make her at least a runner or two for it. I had several I made for it, but they also fit the top of the new one. Besides her taste is a bit different than mine so it was a good project to fit in while I wait for the Batiks to arrive.
Her decor in her apartment has lots of grey accents so I thought I would try something a bit more on the modern side.
I originally started the blanket stitch appliqués with 12wt thread but also ended up using 28wt that I had more color choices in.
And I finished it up with a grey Moda Grunge dot binding. Lots of waves quilting too.
I had a surprise finish for this little piece this week. Originally I failed to set aside binding for it. I ordered what I though would match, but sadly it was just not going to work. While I was searching through my stash of grey fabrics to make the runner for my granddaughter, what do you know. There the leftover fabric from this piece was hidden away, a good half yard. Just need to put a hanging sleeve on it. I may use it for a table topper as well, so with a sleeve it will work for either.
I finally got back to may Cold Wind Blows project this week. I ended up have a serious problem with the wreath appliqué. The pattern has an error. I tried several times to work it out, and tossed it aside for a bit and then on Saturday came up with a solution. I fused this entire piece of fabric, got two bowls out of my kitchen and drew the circles and cut them out. Worked perfectly.
So I have a great start on this one. I had planned on doing turned appliqué on this project, but decided I just was not in the mood to fuss with that challenge at this time. The blocks are big 28 inches finished. Not sure where I will go with this but a four patch layout produces a 56 inch square quilt and larger with borders. The pattern book as numerous additional block patterns. I have plenty of fabric so think I will just proceed with that idea in mind.
My daughter's ducks have found a new purpose for her water fountain. It appears there is a waiting line for this special spa treatment.