My New Year's Resolution to get some of my UFO's done seems to still be producing some results.
I finished Hidden Treasures. This long overdue UFO is ready for the quilter.
After digging around in the piles of unfinished projects I found this piece. I think it is time to get it quilted. As I am not a free motion quilter I think some straight line quilting in varied angles might do the trick on this piece and produce a nice wall hanging.
Last year I decided to work on de-stashing my older fabrics. Older meaning some of a good 20 years or more age. My scrap bins were full so I though to try to deplete some of them. These 3.5 inch squares have actually made a pretty good dent in some of my scrap bins.
I am amazed at how fast things have progressed in just two afternoons on this project. Plus I have emptied an entire scrap pin as well. The four middle rows are done with 19 blocks. I like it and think it is really cheery. It will be given to my guild's charity division when the top is done and a prepped binding is done for it.
Last week I posted a couple pictures of my daughter's baby peacocks. They are now big enough to be allowed out for a bit of free roaming around their property in the afternoons. Note the one female out of the four males she has is leading the pack. We know who is boss now. The Ginny hens joined in the parade. They live with the peacocks very peacefully in their fenced in yard.