After getting all my quilt show boutique items complete I finally had time to get back to my Dresden blocks. I've been looking at my first five blocks and got to thinking about how boring 30 of them would be without mixing it up a bit. I decided to try a different size with a larger center to see if that might add some interest to the whole idea.
This was my first one. I still have to get the center sewn down, but have had to order some 12wt thread. I tried a dark pink thread idea, but it just blended in and didn't provide any contrast. So I have order some goldish tan thinking it will provide the accent I want.
As you can see there is a good size difference. Maybe something in between these two in size. I will just have to see how things go as I move along with the different fabric combinations.
In the mean while I put together another one of the larger blocks. It needs to sew down the blade ends with a blue thread; I didn't have anything in my thread stash to match well. A trip to JoAnn's just didn't appeal to me on Sunday afternoon, so it will wait until later today. I will sew the center down with a 12wt blue to match the flowers and blue blades.