Friday, January 6, 2017

BIRTHDAY GIFT

A gift for my granddaughter; her birthday is the 23rd and she will be eleven.  Sorry for the poor photo.  It is raining outside and this quilt is pretty big, so we had to take photos inside.  I should have enlisted help last night from my daughter, but husband and I are on our own this morning.  

It was made mostly from scraps of Thimble Blossom fabrics, and is 72 by 80 inches.  Those 12 inch blocks add up pretty fast.  She lives in Idaho so I expect a large cosy quilt will be nice to cuddle in.
It is a finish so I am linking up with 



12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cheery quilt. I'm sure your granddaughter will be thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt -- the colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she will love it! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Beautiful quilt with sweet, warm colours! She will be so happy for this present! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful project and my, did you have huge amount of scraps to be able to make this full quilt of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, what a nice gift for your grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty quilt! Love all of those fabrics together. What a wonderful present to get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that is a beautiful quilt to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I just love this!!

    lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, and what a lucky recipient your grandaughter is.

    schimmel(dot)db(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete