I got these three rows complete by Friday, and there might even be hope for getting the next two done before Monday. They go together really easily. They are sewn on to the batting. I cut 9 1/2 inch wide strips by 45 inches long, then marked 45 degree angled lines 2 inches apart across the batting strips. Then just sewed the fabric strips on and flipped them over and sewed the next ones on from top to bottom of the strips. I sewed each panel together with the standard quarter inch seam and ironed it open. So easy, once done I can spray baste them onto a back and quilt myself, or take them to my quilter. It should end up 45 inches by 45 inches. A bit small so I may add a border or a smaller herringbone row all away around.
Still a work in progress, both quilt and using up those Cotton and Steel fabric scraps so I am linking up with.
Gorgeous way to use scraps! I am going to have to look that up, too!ReplyDelete
Great way to use up the scraps! Thanks for sharing on Midweek MakersReplyDelete
oh wow, wow, wow!!!ReplyDelete
wish we could quilt together!!!
Great way to use up the scraps. It's looking wonderful so far.ReplyDelete
It looks great! Enjoy using up your scraps and have fun sewing.ReplyDelete
So pretty. I love the pattern and the fabrics. It is a great way to use up some scraps in a pretty quilt.ReplyDelete
This is so pretty! I've had that quilt on my want-to-do list for a while. I just love how scrappy and fun it looks! Yours looks so amazing with all of that Cotton + Steel. Thanks for linking up to To-Do Tuesday!!ReplyDelete
Great use of your scraps! And interesting process. Looking good!ReplyDelete
It looks great ! These fabrics are so beautiful.ReplyDelete
Very clever technique and well-described, thank you!ReplyDelete
Awesome way to use up scraps! Borders will certainly look beautiful! Thank you for sharing such a great idea!ReplyDelete