I am not into quilting my own quilts. However, it seems I see all sorts of people that do their own on their sewing machines and I figure surely I should be able to do this. Well this past week I figured I was going to try it. I do quilt my own runners, and usually just pin them, but this quilt is 42 by 48. I decided to spray baste it instead and just use an few pins once it was all basted together.
It laid out nice and smooth, and while it took some time I really carefully worked at it and the results looked really good. I might just try bigger ones next time.
I quilted it in straight lines with Isacord thread. It quilted with out a hitch or a wrinkle. I've gotten it bound, and I'm off to my quilting group today, and will finish off the hand work. This will end up on the wall in dining room, hopefully this afternoon.
Pretty excited about this accomplishment so I am linking up with