Friday, July 29, 2016

BABY BOY

A coworker asked me to make a quilt for her new grandson expected at the end of this year.  Her daughter in law picked the fabric used in the center of the stars and the back ground.  I then picked up co-ordinating colors to match the little birds, sloths, and what ever kind of lizard that is in there.   They are so cute!  I have accomplished 10 of the 20 blocks.  They are all fussy cut.  Even the bird background.  No one wants birds flying upside down.   





Well while the quilt is not finished I do have 10 of the blocks complete, so I am linking up with:

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

HARAJUKU

I selected this quilt pattern from the 2015 Quiltcon Magazine by Rashida Coleman-Hale last year.  I know I have mentioned several times I have a huge stack of Cotton and Steel prints.  Try as I can they just seem to multiply instead of getting used up.  But, they are still one of most favorite fabrics.

The strips are 4 1/2 inches wide and varied lengths.  

The first twelve rows are above, and here are the last three.  I hope to get these done and get the top all finished up.

At last the binding.  Now just to get a back sewn together, and take it to Hollie Rawe my quilter and bind it.  It is on its way so I am linking up with:

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

FLEET AND FLOURISH SCRAPS

I am not sure how I ended up with so much extra of Maureen Cracknell's Fleet and Flourish.  I am sure I only bought a fat quarter bundle.  However, I have one quilt in the process and still lots of left overs.  So I figured to cut them into 6 1/2 inch squares and make 6 inch half square triangles.  Crazy thing is I still had lots left over to cut a stack of 3 inch squares to make a couple table runner as gifts along with some Kona Snow squares.

Such a fast and easy way to try to move some of these fabric out of my stash.  The finished size will be 42 by 48.  A nice wall hanging size.  So I'm linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and
To Do Tuesday

Friday, July 22, 2016

FOOTBALL SUNDAYS ARE COMING SOON

My grandsons are great football fans.  During the football season we have what we refer to as Football Sundays at my house.  Over the last couple years I have made football runners for their house and my oldest grandson Elijah actually made one this past season.  He pieced it, quilted it and I only helped with the binding.  My daughter thought some of her co-workers would like to have runners too, having heard her talk about hers.  So these were made up for her to sell at work.  It might be hard to give them up, I think they are really nice and I don't have any at my house.
They are a project completed so I am linking up with

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

BIRCH FARM

This past weekend I dug up another old project and decided to get it completed.  There is always a problem with coming back to an old project, especially this one.  It does not have a pattern, I am simply making it from a picture I snagged off the Internet.  
 

This is the first block of the top row of the quilt.
This is the center of the first row.  
This is the end of the first row.  All just perfectly done. 
Well this should have been the beginning of the bottom row.  Notice the unsewing!!!!  I got it all completed, but it ended up being a good inch too narrow.  That is what comes when a project is set aside and one does not pay careful attention to the instructions and in this case lack of good instructions.  The white strips were suppose to be finished at 3 1/2 inches wide, well I cut them 3 1/2 inches.  Yep, a good inch off.  All is not completely lost.  I have yards and yards of Kona Snow, so I'll just spend some time this coming weekend and get it back together correctly.  Right now since this is still a project in progress I'll just link up.
and

Friday, July 8, 2016

CLEANING HOUSE

 Last weekend after a heavy work week I wandered into my sewing studio and notice a cobweb or two in the window.  I figured I would just vacuum them up and be done with it.  Well the wood blinds were pretty dusty, so I figured to wipe them down too.  One thing lead to another and a couple hours later I had complete cleaned the room top to bottom.  During this cleaning spree I unearthed this partially completed quilt top.
Several of the flowers were not appliqu├ęd yet and some were not even pinned on.  The magazine with the pattern was in with all the cut out pieces, 2010.  It had been around for a while.  It seemed a good time to finish it.   Now to find a back and get it off to the quilter.  Yes, I finished something, well two things actually.  The studio is clean and the top is finished.  
I'm linking up with with this finish well overdue.
and

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

FOREST FLOOR REVISIT

I finally have been able to get back to working on my Forest Floor wall hanging.  I decided to quilt it in straight lines 1/2 inch a part.  
I am using a pearl metallic thread by Coats & Clark.  
After getting all the 1/2 inch a part stitching done I decided to actually do 1/4 inch a part, so I started quilting in-between.  I wanted to make sure that the trees stayed adhered down without stitching around them.  Once I can get the stitching finished I'll bind it and put a sleeve on the back and hang it in my hall.  
Nice to have something on its way to being finished, so I am linking up with
and